Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17 in Room 11

  • Music today.
  • St. Patrick's Day!! As far as the teacher knows, there were no injuries, although John was accidentally whacked in the nose with Kaleyah's writing folder. This injury was treated with application of a cold can from the refrigerator and he survived.
  • Students wrote stories about leprechauns. Here are some samples:
  • If I were the size of a leprechaun I could hide many places. I would have a lot of gold and I'd hide it in my house where there's no mouse. I would share it with everyone!--Megan
  • If I was a leprechaun I would hide my pot of gold in a log. ha ha ha ha ha. No one will find it now.--Colby
  • If I was a Leprechaun I would hide my gold in a tree. Why I put my gold in a tree is because only animals go in trees. But Zoe is good at climbing. She could get my gold--Trinity
  • If I was a leprechaun I would hide my gold underground. A rat would not look underground and a cat would not look underground and John will find it.--Spencer
  • If I was a leprechaun, I would hide my pot of gold under ground. Nobody ever looks underground except for pirates. If pirates come I will trick them all.
  • Students took a math post test for borrowing comprehension. Results not in yet.
  • After the test, the teacher did a paper with the class. The paper had written story problems which students were expected to read and solve. Some story problem clue words are "left," "many more," "than,"(subtract); and "altogether," and "and."(add) These words give a hint as to whether the mathematician should add or subtract.
  • Mr. Dunn taught science today. The class wrote down their hypotheses about which sea star could turn over fastest; the leather seastar, the pink sea star or the bat sea star. Then the sea stars were turned on their backs and timed. The pink sea star won by turning over in one minute, thirty-one seconds. The bat seastar took over nine minutes to flip.

No comments: