Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15 in Room 11

  • As a journal project, first thing in the morning, everyone wrote about "My Favorite Place to go in Our Community," and why. Some samples of fovorite places are below. Spelling has not been edited because theachers accept "kid spelling" in journals, as it keeps the students' writing honest and fresh. Spelling and punctuation is added in more formal projects. Many of the entries are accompanied by delightful drawings.
  • "I like tacobell because I like their food. I like there opinion. It is fun to go to their. I like the inside." --Jacob
  • "My favorite place is the mall. The mall has a lot of thigs the mall is fun it is so cool My famaly and I go there a lot."--Adolfo
  • "The place I Love to eat food at is Chines food. it is yume. We go on fridays and Saturdays. I Like going to Lucky Star."--Trinity
  • "I like the playground so I can play wallball. I can play football. I can play baseball. I can play socerball."--Spencer
  • "My favorite place it The Scate park so i cane scate and i cane do trics and i cane do lots of cool things i like The scate park because i like To Scat"--
  • "I like restaurants Because I get to order the food I want and I get to order the drink I want. now I well Tell why I like it Because iT has gumBall musheains."--Riley
  • Second-graders researched planets on computers. One student was heard explaining that "Pluto is not called Pluto anymore. They call it Pluti." A person can learn a lot on computers.
  • Room 11-ers finished reading Martin Luther King and filling out thier KWL chart. They learned a lot from a book, too!
  • This was the last day for touching up communication satellites. Art class was full of very busy workers. Thank-you to John's mom who came to help.

No comments: