Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Overheard in a second grade classroom:

Rachel: (reciting) The word is thoroughly... It means "completely." Who can use thoroughly in a sentence?"
Rachel: Kevin?
Kevin: I thoroughly ride my new bike.
Teacher: Thoroughly means the same thing as completely. Use it like you would use the word completely.
Kevin: My red bike is thoroughly.
Teacher: Mmmm....not quite...thoroughly what?
Kevin: My thoroughly bike is red.
Teacher: Closer, Kevin. How about some help? Chelsea?
Kevin: (standing and waving his arms.) No! No! I can do it!
Teacher: O.K. Try again.
Kevin: I am thoroughly ride on my new bike.
Teacher: Do you thoroughly enjoy riding on your new red bike?
Kevin: Yes!
Teacher: O.K. Now you make a sentence.
Kevin: I enjoy my thoroughly bike when I ride it.
Teacher: Kevin...Is your bike thoroughly red?
Kevin: Ahhh! Now I am completely confused!
Teacher: There it is! Are you thoroughly confused?
Kevin: Yes! I am thoroughly confused!

The end.

No comments: